Saturday, September 15, 2012

Did You Know?


I enjoyed the entire video since I enjoy learning useless information, like the information in this video. However, if I had to pick the most fascinating facts, it would be the one that tells you the number of word in the English language and the one about texting and Social Networking sites. I found these to be most fascinating because, it seems cool to know how many English words exist and this shows you just how much this country, or planet for that matter, depends upon technology. Honestly, if it weren’t for school, I think that it would be completely possible for the world to forget how to write. I mean come on, how often is it that you see a hand-written invitation for a birthday party? Next to never!  Most people just send an e-mail or text message. Plus, in some schools, students take notes on their computers. Then when a research paper comes up, the teacher expects it to be typed. Just think where the human race could be in another century or so? Computers that take voice commands? Robot servants, like in movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment